Whether it’s poetry or a long form narrative piece, City Writers Room is interested in submissions from writers and artists. Here are our terms:
- Maximum Words: No more than 1000 for non-fiction, and up to 5000 words for fiction. No more than 50 lines for poetry.
Topics should in some way be connected to a city theme:
- It will take six weeks or less before you receive a reply from us.
- Please note that those submitting are “contributors”. All pieces are subject to a licensing term (6 months). Contributors are then free to take back their pieces if they would like to use them elsewhere.
- All articles should have a byline attached. This should not exceed more than a sentence and should state a brief gist of the piece.
- All articles should also contain a brief synopsis of the piece. Max. 50 words. This may be used in promotion of your piece on social media platforms.
- All contributors should attach a brief bio of themselves.
- If byline, synopsis and bios are not included, we mention that the respective pieces may not be considered to publish on City Writers Room.
- When sending your articles, please label them as follows: first & last name_article name. Eg: DanBrown_DaVinciCode.
Please send your work to firstname.lastname@example.org